With the subscription between the financial institution's Executive President, Enrique Garcia, and Christopher P. Sinckler, Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs, Barbados became the the newest "Series C" shareholder country.
Today, Barbados became a "Series C" shareholder country at CAF, Development Bank of Latin America, with a contribution of USD 50 million. The ordinary capital agreement, subscribed by Enrique Garcia, CAF's Executive President, and Christopher P. Sinckler, Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs of Barbados, will allow the country to have access to financing and technical support from the financial institution for projects that are a priority for its development.
Enrique Garcia expressed that "The entry of Barbados into CAF's share capital seeks to strengthen economic and commercial ties with the country, in order to promote sustainable development and investment in the public and private sectors, and business and cultural relations with the other shareholder countries".
Barbado's entry into CAF, shows the institution's decision to promote growth and sustainable development in the region, strengthen bilateral and regional ties in favor of integration, and expand the institution's presence and support in the Caribbean area.
- Latin American Analysis Journalism workshop, with Michael Reid evento
- The decisive role of women in the economic development of Latin America noticia
- The “Conversando con CAF” series end of season with a special editionnoticia
- El tratamiento de aguas residuales bajo un enfoque de economía circularblog post
- Las barreras del crecimiento de América Latinablog post